Prep Time: 20 Minutes
Cook Time: 10 Minutes
Ready In: 2 Hours
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup butter at room temperature
- 1/4 cup egg substitute
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup seedless raspberry jam
- 1 tablespoon confectioners’ sugar, or as needed
- Mix flour, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon together in a bowl using a whisk.
- Beat white sugar and butter together with an electric mixer on high in a bowl until light and fluffy; add egg substitute and vanilla extract. Beat until well blended.
- Gradually beat flour mixture into sugar-butter mixture until dough is soft. Divide dough into 2 equal balls and wrap each portion in plastic wrap. Chill dough in refrigerator for at least 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Roll 1 dough ball into a 1/8-inch thick rectangle on a lightly floured surface; cut into 32 cookies using a square, star, or circular cookie cutter. Repeat with the second dough ball. Cut out the center of 32 cookies using a 1-inch square cookie cutter. Arrange all 64 cookies on the prepared baking sheets about 1 inch apart.
- Bake cookies in the preheated oven until edges are lightly browned, about 10 minutes. Cool on pans for 5 minutes before transferring cookies to wire racks to cool completely.
- Spread about 1/2 teaspoon raspberry jam into the center of each whole cookie. Sprinkle the cut-out cookies with confectioners’ sugar; place 1 cut-out cookie atop each raspberry jam-topped cookie.