Prep Time: 1 hour for 25 Santas
Cook Time: None
Number of Servings: 25
- 25 Medium/Large strawberries
- 200ml Whipping cream
- ½ Teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 Tablespoon icing sugar
- Black Sesame seeds
Prep & Cooking Instructions:
- Whip the cream with the vanilla and icing sugar until firm peaks form.
- Put the cream in a piping bag fitted with a star tip Elf Hint – if you don’t have a piping back you can cut the corner off a zip-lock bag and use that instead
- Wash and dry the strawberries then cut the hulls off so that they stand up.
- Slice the top third off neatly
- Pipe in the whipped cream to a height that matches the “Hat”
- Put the hat back on and press down lightly
- Use a narrow icing tip to add the bobble on the hat plus two buttons
- Gently press in two sesame seed for eyes Elf Hint – toothpicks are great for adding fine detail like eyes
Additional Comments about this Recipe:
- Keep the Santas cool before serving
- A light dusting of icing sugar on the plate and then over the Santas adds a great finishing touch.
Name: Kirsty J
Location: Broadstair, UK