Google Plus

Father Christmas

Please help Rocky Redbank with his medical costs

Please help Rocky Redbank with his medical costs

UPDATE 10/8/12: I have spoken w/vet about our boy, Rocky/Grover/Rex/Joco. Good news is he is heartworm negative & everybody loves him - says he is sooooo sweet. As if we didn't already know that! He is, however, a sick little man right now. He has intestinal parasites - hookworms & whipworms. He is running a pretty high fever - 104.4 - & his blood work shows a pretty high white blood count. His urinalysis showed a substantial infection. His prostate is enlarged. And he has a heart murmur. The gash on his neck is not extremely terrible but it is slightly infected. He has been put on high powered antibiotics that he will need to be on for 2 weeks & @ that point he will need to be rechecked to make sure the infections have cleared. Ok....all of these things could be related to each other. Meaning, the UTI could be causing the fever, elevated WBC, enlarged prostate & even the heart murmur. If that is the case w/the murmur (meaning it is a secondary heart murmur), then the antibiotics will clear everything up. But...if after a couple of weeks of meds a recheck still shows the heart murmur, then it is considered a primary heart murmur - very common in his breed per the vet :( - & he will need to be seen by a specialist to determine course of treatment. Would most likely be maintenance medication but we wouldn't know until he is put through the gammet of testing. I opted to let Rocky stay @ the vet one more night. I figured he would be better off there since he doesn't feel good. Also, praying that his fever subsides over night w/the help of the antibiotics, the vet will be able to give him his vaccinations tomorrow since he couldn't today. The neutering will have to hold off until he is MUCH better - hopefully in a couple of weeks - but the heart murmur thing is @ the top of the priority list right now. 10/7/12: We finally caught Rocky yesterday (10/6/12)!!! We have been told that he has been wandering around the area since February of this year, if not longer. We took him straight to our vet where he will be examined, vaccinated & neutered. I do believe that he has a urinary tract infection, or something of the like, and he does have a pretty bad gash on his neck. We had to board him @ the vet until he can be seen on Monday. So his medical costs are mounting up. Please consider donating towards his medical so that we can give him the best possible care. Thank you.

This item is available from Fundrazr.com

Upload an Image

Add New Wish List

E.g $99, Medium, 123Blue, Laptop-1

Save an Idea

Upload an Image

Add this link to your Bookmarks Bar

Share Idea from a Website

Add to wishlist